Simple, delicious and nutrient-packed! Quick and easy to prepare, this soup has few ingredients; natural, wholesome, real-food eating. This bowl o’ soup will be sure to warm the soul. Enjoy!
- 4 avocados, peeled and pits removed
- 1-1/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Top with chopped parsley
- Add the avocados, peas, garlic and half the broth into a blender, blend until smooth or desired consistency. Scrape down the sides of the blender and process to ensure all is mixed well.
- Transfer the mixture to a large pan over medium heat. Add the remaining broth, ginger, black pepper and salt.
- Stir to combine, cook until heated through.
- Transfer the mixture to individual bowls and garnish with parsley
Add a side salad with a slice of whole-grain for a nice, light meal!
STRENGTH TRAINING – Load-bearing exercises with free-weights, machines and/or body weight actively stimulates the muscles to work harder; it forces them to adapt and grow stronger, developing muscle mass & stimulating bone growth!
DIET – Fuel your muscles for growth with nutrient-dense foods like whole grains, protein, veggies, fruits. Lean protein and carbs work together to build muscle and replenish energy stores. Aim for approximately 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. Also, water should be your beverage of choice!
CONSISTENCY – Know your fitness objectives, have a game plan and STICK TO IT! Consistency is key to building strength and a toned physique, so be sure to establish a routine. It takes about 21 days to form a new habit, so dig deep, partner up with someone or hire a coach to keep you accountable. Either way, keep your head up, keep grindin’ and move forward with purpose!